Re: Downers Grove Layover Yard

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Downers Grove Layover Yard
From: "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 04:03:31 -0000
John:

Resurfacing:

I read about bending history on the thread. Torque it a bit more
and a 4-4-0 will tie to a gallery car, if you can figure a way to tie a
link to a tightlock......

Glad the PTJ article is of help. And, yes it is the CUS book. I am
reviewing the very early history and deciding what to leave in, or
out. It is fun and I want to give you and everyone else a quality
product. I think, based upon what I have learned in the last year,
that you will be pleased.

Ed
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "nycbqfan" <jsauer@e...> wrote:
> Ed,
>
> Thanks. No - you can go back to typing elsewhere (CUS
book?).

> Actually, the PTJ articles you wrote (1988)had a couple of very
> helpful photos, I discovered this morning. Like the shot of the
GP7
> on the Downers Grove turntable (now I know not only that there
was a
> table, but what it looked like). Plus a couple of views, including
> the passenger depot at DG. And I can see a bit of the layover
tracks
> in another shot.
>
> With the great info from Leo, I think DG would make a nice
locality
> to consider modeling. I am not sticking to a specific year for
my
> layout - or else I couldn't have both steam and gallery cab cars,
or
> steam and those beautiful P2K CB&Q GP20 and GP30 in
Chinese Red. I
> will try to keep era to mid 50's with some exceptions. But with
some
> history bending, I think Downers Grove could be interesting.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Sauer
>

> --- In BRHSlist@y..., "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...> wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > Just to add a small tag to Leo's reply, the last day the
Downers
> > yard was used for Suburban Service trains was the same
day