Re: Downers Grove Layover Yard

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Downers Grove Layover Yard
From: "nycbqfan" <jsauer@e...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:46:53 -0000
Ed,

Thanks. No - you can go back to typing elsewhere (CUS book?).

Actually, the PTJ articles you wrote (1988)had a couple of very
helpful photos, I discovered this morning. Like the shot of the GP7
on the Downers Grove turntable (now I know not only that there was a
table, but what it looked like). Plus a couple of views, including
the passenger depot at DG. And I can see a bit of the layover tracks
in another shot.

With the great info from Leo, I think DG would make a nice locality
to consider modeling. I am not sticking to a specific year for my
layout - or else I couldn't have both steam and gallery cab cars, or
steam and those beautiful P2K CB&Q GP20 and GP30 in Chinese Red. I
will try to keep era to mid 50's with some exceptions. But with some
history bending, I think Downers Grove could be interesting.

Thanks.

John Sauer