IMPORTANT! Commercial Posting Policy

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: IMPORTANT! Commercial Posting Policy
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:39:20 -0500
BRHSlisters:

I've reviewed the survey taken:

POLL QUESTION: What type of commercial postings would
you prefer to see on the BRHSlist?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- None at all., 4 votes, 10.81%
- Only those that have been approved/reviewed by the list Moderator, 1
votes, 2.70%
- Any with Burlington Route related content , 15 votes, 40.54%
- Any with railroad/hobby related content, 1 votes, 2.70%
- Any commercial posting regardless of content., 0 votes, 0.00%
- Limited to Burlington Route related content approved/reviewed by the List
Moderator, 16 votes, 43.24%

Then I've thought about the comments/suggestions from those on the list with
commercial interests, and have formulated the following policy for accepting
commercial postings on the BRHSlist. If there are objections to any part of
it, please email me directly and we will begin a dialogue. The intent of
this policy is to define the rules following common sense and courtesy, not
to be heavy-handed or dictatorial.

COMMERCIAL POSTING POLICY for the BRHSlist

1. Commercial postings must be items related only to the collective
"Burlington Route"
2. Commercial postings will be allowed only on Fridays.
3. Commercial postings will be moderated - sent to the List Moderator for
approval and posting
(The moderator will fairly review the post for adherence to this policy and
either approve
and post the message to the list, or make suggestions for change if
needed.)
4. No pop-up or banner advertisements will be tolerated
5. Postings should attempt to be informational in nature
6. Commercial Postings must have the word "Commercial" as a part of the
subject line.
(This is to allow those list members who do not wish to receive these
postings
to set a filter in their mail program to eliminate them.)
7. All replies/inquiries to commercial postings should be emailed direct -
not to the BRHSlist
8. A subscriber violating this policy will receive only one warning - a
second violation will result in being banned from the list.
9. Non-commercial posts from subscribers should not contain any "signature
footer" promoting the commercial venture -
i.e. - phone number, web site, sales terms, etc...
10. This policy is subject to modification at the discretion of the list
owner.

David Lotz
(314-846-8632
* E-mail: Dave_Lotz@m...