Re: IMPORTANT! Commercial Posting Policy

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT! Commercial Posting Policy
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:57:46 -0000
&#65279;--- In BRHSlist@y..., "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...> wrote:

> ..... I've thought about the comments/suggestions from those on the
list with
> commercial interests, and have formulated the following policy for
accepting
> commercial postings on the BRHSlist. If there are objections to
any part of
> it, please email me directly and we will begin a dialogue. The
intent of
> this policy is to define the rules following common sense and
courtesy, not
> to be heavy-handed or dictatorial.
>
> COMMERCIAL POSTING POLICY for the BRHSlist
>
> 1. Commercial postings must be items related only to the
collective
> "Burlington Route"

1 = stupid question here, this does include the c&s, fw&d and wv?

> 2. Commercial postings will be allowed only on Fridays.

2 = super idea

> 3. Commercial postings will be moderated - sent to the List
Moderator for
> approval and posting
> (The moderator will fairly review the post for adherence to
this policy and
> either approve and post the message to the list, or make
suggestions for change if needed.)

3 = automatic yes, perfect

> 4. No pop-up or banner advertisements will be tolerated

4 = oh yes, defiantly.

> 5. Postings should attempt to be informational in nature

5 = yes, of course.

> 6. Commercial Postings must have the word "Commercial" as a part
of the
> subject line.
> (This is to allow those list members who do not wish to
receive these
> postings to set a filter in their mail program to eliminate them.)

6 = great idea, <suggestion> so this key word does not get buried
in a truncated subject line, how about the first word of the
subject line begin with your 'commercial' suggestion or even a
shortened version such as 'comm' , `adv', or...... and
while we're at it, should it be in caps?? </suggestion>

> 7. All replies/inquiries to commercial postings should be emailed
direct -
> not to the BRHSlist

7 = yes, great idea, all commercial communication with the list owner.

> 8. A subscriber violating this policy will receive only one
warning - a
> second violation will result in being banned from the list.

8 = great idea also, you are being far more fair than if some had
this task.

> 9. Non-commercial posts from subscribers should not contain
any "signature
> footer" promoting the commercial venture -
> i.e. - phone number, web site, sales terms, etc...

9 = YES ( use caps only in rare cases)

> 10. This policy is subject to modification at the discretion of
the list
> owner.

10 = most defiantly, the list owner makes the rules, its his sand box
and his toys

> David Lotz
> (314-846-8632
> * E-mail: Dave_Lotz@m...

great list of ideas david, obviously you have given this a great deal
of thought.

warren