Re: [BRHSlist] Last years of the F's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Last years of the F's
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:15:37 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/02 9:17:54 PM Central Daylight Time, vlbg@i...
writes:

> In the case of the GP7/9 & SD7/9 the F's had to be in the lead
> because of the 6BLQ brake schedule not being compatible with
> 24RL.

Russ -
One small correction here; F's as the leading unit account they had the
lowest "short time rating". Used to bellyache about having an SD-9 lead an
SD-45 consist but the "Cadillac" had the lower STR. My complaint was that
the "45's" would run in to "7/9's" when trying to dig the train out of the
holes in the C&I. Later on, would see the "Cadillac" on the rear of the
consist, "OFF-LINE".
Bob