Re: [BRHSlist] Last years of the F's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Last years of the F's
From: GORDON SMITH <kc2bw@a...>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:55:26 -0400
Russ...What I meant about the nose MU capability was having an A unit in
the middle of the consist which would naturally be impossible for all
except the few that received the equiptment. In my air brake book I see
an example of 26L-24RL-26L-6bl/6sl set. Only the A&R to BC equalizing
hookup is shown along with the main res. and trainline. All our 26L
equipped locos on the EL had the 3 position mu2a valves. We ran the old
stuff behind second generation units all the time. I, as the engineer
would be the one to wory about short time ratings of trailing units.

Gordon