Re: [BRHSlist] Last years of the F's

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Last years of the F's
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@i...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:13:55 -0500
Tom,

If I can ever get my web site published again there are consists
from '67 that show the F usage. Generally A's only with anything
else in the middle. A F3A-U30B-F7A consist would be common.

When there were still some drawbar coupled sets of F3AB's they
would normally be in the lead with a GP20 or a couple of GP7's
behind.

In the case of the GP7/9 & SD7/9 the F's had to be in the lead
because of the 6BLQ brake schedule not being compatible with
24RL.

24RL and 26RL units could be put in any combination.

Got a few records from '65 and '66 of units being traded in that
are still drawbar coupled. They were put together at the factory
and cut up together.

Russ