Re: [BRHSlist] TZ Consists

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] TZ Consists
From: Brad Slaney <bradslaney@w...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:13:23 -0800
From: <rgortowski@a...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 8:17 PM

> In a message dated 1/21/02 8:27:15 PM Central Standard Time,
> bradslaney@w... writes:
>

> > You have it right on the head with the exception of the flat top Parlor.
It
> > was used for special groups primarily. I don't recall it ever being
used
> > in
> > the regular consist.
>
> Not so fast, bucko! Those of us modeling 1950 know the timetable lists
the
> flat top parlor as a scheduled car for no. 22 - the Morning Zephyr (Minn
> Chicago). No. 22 also carried the Vista-Dome Parlor car as did 21, 23,
and
> 24. Why only 22 got the parlor is a mystery to me. :-)
>
> Rich

Rich,

This, I suspect, is a misprint in the timetable. The turnaround time for
#22 to become #23 was extremely tight, 90 minutes. Arrival in Chicago at
2:45, unload, back out, wye the train, service the train, replenish the
dining and lounge cars, change dining car crews and porters every four days,
back in, load and depart at 4:15.
Not enough time to break the train and reassemble. And if #22 was five ot
ten minutes late, the whole schedule would be blown.

BRAD