RE: [BRHSlist] Prewar Budd Trucks

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Prewar Budd Trucks
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:12:16 -0600
Cataloging trucks used on Burlington Route prewar cars is difficult as the
truck diagram books I have seen for some reason stop with Gas Electric
trucks and early shovelnoses.
There are at least three main prewar truck styles used on the individual
cars. The first batch of Burlington, Fort Worth, and C&S coaches had one
style..... the second batch of CB&Q coaches (the series that included Silver
Alchemy a.k.a. Silver Dome and Silver Castle) had the style that I drew up
for the Kato prewar cars that have provisions for truck skirts. There were
several? other styles on the non-articulated cars beyond these.
It would take a cataloging of photos or somebody finding the document that
replaced the truck diagram book (hard to believe something didn't exist to
guide the mechanical department and carmen in maintaining these trucks!) to
dope it all out...
Charlie Vlk
Kato USA