Re: [BRHSlist] TZ Consists

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] TZ Consists
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:45:37 EST
In a message dated 1/21/02 9:27:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bradslaney@w... writes:

> You have it right on the head with the exception of the flat top Parlor. It
> was used for special groups primarily. I don't recall it ever being used in
> the regular consist.

By 1957 Parlor Passengers had dropped off Silver View and Silver Vista (the
Dome Observations) could handle the parlor traffic . In Mike Spoor's
equipment book there's a shot at Chicago that shows Silver Vista with what
appears to be one of the parlor cars coupled in front. In front of the parlor
car there is a Mo Pac Pullman.

But after Silver Chair and Silver Parlor were removed from regular TCZ
Consists...... Where did they go? In 1968 Parlor and Chair were rebuilt to
Dinette-Chair cars. But where they were used between the TCZ service and
1968.....

Loren Johnson