Re: [BRHSlist] OS - Was Suggested Reading

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] OS - Was Suggested Reading
From: John Mitchell <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:46:22 -0800 (PST)
Once again guys, an "OS" or train report was given
when a train departed from, passed by, or arrived in a
station!!!! This is how the dispatcher knew when any
of these events had occurred.

FYI, Gabe, I don't consider your remark about "on
sheet" as being "nonsense" to be very approprate. And
by the way, under the old rule book, a train arrived
in a station when the markers arrived, not when the
engine got there (same as now). The "OS" time, in that
case, was also the time when the markers made in the
station. As for "over the switch", a train does not
arrive or pass a point when at goes over a switch but
rather when it is passes the clearence point of the
switch. Yes, does "stand for", train report but it
came from "on Sheet", meaning on the dispatcher's
train sheet. I'll bet you never heard a dispatcher or
operator call it "over the Switch".

John D. Mitchell,Jr.