Re: Donated Steam Engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Donated Steam Engines
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:03:42 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., drale99@a... wrote:
> Warren:
> Enjoy your messages. Appreciate the leniency concerning my
mistaken
> criticism. I have found W. F. a good place to chase trains. Being
> originally on the CB&Q in Nebraska, I was delighted to find out
that, when my
> son moved to Texas a few yrs. back, he was on the Burlington. It
was
> travelling between W.F. and Dallas that I first saw a BNSF paint
scheme. I
> was impressed. Nice layout and museum there in
> Wichita Falls. I also enjoy the gentleman and his sons who display
the huge
> Lionnel layout for public display during the Christmas season. (He
wears a
> Burlington conductor's uniform and puts on a great show.) Great
railroad
> town!
> Merry Christmas, DRale

DRale, thanks for your response. was afraid of a misunderstanding
when I was 'funnin' our international Q fans on the list. been thru
wichita falls many times when lived in abiline, plus worked several
weeks at shepard afb(wf). saw bn geeps come to abiline on the old (wv)
wichita valley road. drove north and hiway followed wv row. sure was
bad rr, don't know how they made a trip without going on the ground.
looked like scrap then(1986), imagine its gone now. shame, another
piece of Q history gone. don't train chase or model, just a 3rd
generation Q rroader. worked 6 yr, left in 69. since my heart attack
am trying to share the tiny bit of Q knowledge I have, when i'm gone
its gone. do see a train now and then as live next to a santa fe
main. wave at the crews, guess you could call em my former brothers,
when working in my pepper patch next to the fence. have never heard
so many flat spots, seems like every car now. (guess the railroads
are trying out a new invention, square wheels, yep they are harder to
get started, but you sure can stop quick)

warren