Re: Donated Steam Engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Donated Steam Engines
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:07:35 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., drale99@a... wrote:
> Sorry if I'm wrong about those "tires". (How about "rims"?) I'm
not so
> knowledgeable about the FW&D. Never saw white rims on a Burlington
engine,
> either looking at an engine or a picture of one. If I"m wrong, I
deserve a
> good lashing, because I have complained about this to some nice
guys who were
> showing me around the museum and club layout when I was visiting.
(Terrible
> way to treat a host!)
> Anyone else know about white rims on a Burlington engines?
> DRale Reeves

mr reeves,
you are absolutly correct in the reference to tires on a locomotive
wheel, my ref to tyres is the english/new zealand/australian
spelling, as a joke/grin for those readers on the list and was not
written to make fun of some non misuse of a word. also, i would not
worry about the texas boys being mad, them good ol boys, just roll
with the punches.
the tires were painted on the 637 prior to it being used on an
excursion or rail fan trip or whatever yall call it, in oct 1956.
don't know how long prior to the trip they were painted, but they
don't look like fresh paint. the 637 was still in use, assigned to
creston as backup power for for use on any one of the several branch
jobs that still ran out of there at that time or switch engine
assignments. it was to cover incase a diesel failed, need inspected,
used elsewhere, etc.

warren