Re: Donated Steam Engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Donated Steam Engines
From: "fdlnmn" <fdlnmn@s...>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 05:23:04 -0000
I've found several pictures of freshly painted Q and C&S engines in
the Denver Public Library, none of them show white rims. HOWEVER!
this does not say anything about how the builders painted the
locomotives. A builder's photo of 3000 plainly shows white rims. (If
you have a model with white rims you can claim it is newly delivered)
Otherwise, I don't think any Q engines received white rims until they
were put on static display.

-EJ

--- In BRHSlist@y..., drale99@a... wrote:
> Sorry if I'm wrong about those "tires". (How about "rims"?) I'm
not so
> knowledgeable about the FW&D. Never saw white rims on a Burlington
engine,
> either looking at an engine or a picture of one. If I"m wrong, I
deserve a
> good lashing, because I have complained about this to some nice
guys who were
> showing me around the museum and club layout when I was visiting.
(Terrible