last of the S engine posts (not quite!)

To: "BRHS List" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: last of the S engine posts (not quite!)
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@m...>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:36:23 -0800
I remember reading in one of my Q books (which one escapes me) that the 4001
was shopped at Denver (one of the last so done), towed to Lincoln and set up
for service, and then never heard the call.

She went to scrap having never turned a mile after a complete overhaul. What a
shame.

Warren has a point about the "old" rails. We can all luckily count friends who
used to work for the Q back in the day...how about the next time you visit one
of them, take your tape recorder or note pad and preserve the memories of their
stories...twenty or thirty years from now, you will be glad you did...

Regards from San Diego,

John Lewis