RE: [BRHSlist] Zephyr

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Zephyr
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:15:46 -0500
It should be noted that there WAS a second speed run that was from Chicago
to Denver with an abbreviated, six car Denver Zephyr pulled by Silver King &
Queen. The run was on October 23, 1936, and did the 1,017 mile run in 12
hours, 12 minutes, 27 seconds for an overall average speed of 83.33 miles
per hour. Top speed was at Brush, Colorado - 116 miles per hour! (See pg
21 BB13 & pg 43 BB26 for photo of the run)

Dave Lotz