Special Events

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Special Events
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:36:17 EDT
The recent discussion of trains slowing down thru Lemont,noise and people
looking out for the trains brought back a real Q memory. If I miss a detail
or misstate something I expect one of my "brothers" to chime in with the
corrections.
Seems one day an "officer of the company" was riding w/Bob Harding on an
Eastbound Zephyr thru Shabbona and as Bob slowed to something like 30 thru
town the Official asked by Bob why. Bob proceeded to pull out a Supt notice
from a decade or 2 prior about a fair going on at Shabbona and to proceed
thru town at reduced speed and whistle freely. When the official pointed out
that the notice was many years old Bob replied that he was correct but the
notice had neither a begin or end date and was therefore still in effect.
As I remember the story next day a cancellation went out.
I can tell you Bob read the bulletin board every trip very completely.It was
required and besides it added to the O.T.
Leo