Re: [BRHSlist] Question on HO scale Nickel Plate 2-10-4

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Question on HO scale Nickel Plate 2-10-4
From: NNull@a...
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 23:19:17 EDT
Scott;
Nickel Plate Products and LMB CB&Q 2-10-4's were both built by 'KMT" (Kumata)
of Japan. LMB brought in 310 pcs between 1964-67. These models were built
with Worthington feedwater heaters and slanted "sport model" cabs. Nickel
Plate Products brought in 85 unpainted and 400 painted models in 1975. These
models were equipped with Elesco feedwater heaters and square cabs. (Source:
Art of Brass, Volume I, page 219, Presse Eisenbahn, 1982)

The LMB 2-10-4, 2-8-2, an 4-6-2 are all of the same vintage and share being
of a comparable level of detail. Operationally they are equipped with open
frame motors connected to a diecast gearbox with neoprene rubber tubing.
Noisy by todays standards but good runners for what they are.

So I guess I'd say you need at least one of each of the 2-10-4's. Even tho
approximately 10 years apart in manufacture there is essentially no
difference in the level/quality of detail. By current standards they do not
compare to the versions imported by Challenger Imports. Of course they are
no where near as expensive either.

Nolen Null