Re: [BRHSlist] Question on HO scale Nickel Plate 2-10-4

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Question on HO scale Nickel Plate 2-10-4
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:00:55 EDT
If you're concerned about the drive and purchase this model I would plan to
go ahead and put a new gearbox and motor into it. I have a good friend that
has a Nickle Plate #6315 version of this model. He had a new gearbox from
NWSL installed along with a Sagami motor and flywheel. Weight was also added
to the model I believe. It now runs probably as well as any current drive
available.

These models are readily available and I would suggest a value of a really
nice painted Nickle Plate Products version at around $450 or so. I have an
older LMB version of this model which is a real oddball because the castings
for the feedwater heater are very small ... I'm not quite sure what the story
is on this bugger. This is a model I would like to see redone by Precision
Scale or Overland.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL