Re: CB&Q Gallery Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q Gallery Cars
From: glenehaug@m...
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 05:31:49 -0000
Bryan Howell asked about the correct length of the letterboard to use
on the gallery cars. Bryan, I recommend you try the BURLINGTON decal
from Microscale CZ set #87-108, or the long BURLINGTON from an OLD E
unit set #87-98.

These BURLINGTON's are 73 mm or almost 21' which is close to the
prototype. The prototype letterboard is 13" high by 25 feet long,
and the letters are 23 feet out to out with 12" indentation on each
end.

I am not familiar with the Three Brothers car, but if you can get
away with a longer letterboard, you could try the BURLINGTON from an
E5 set #87-581, which is 87 mm or about 25' long, and maybe indent
only 6". This way you could stay close to the prototype length for
the letterboard.

Another option would be to use 8" individual letters from recent
Microscale set #90202. You may need this set anyway to do the 6" car
numbers.

The car number boards are 9" high by 26" long, both on the control or
battery box end of the car. Place the number board 54.5" from the
centerline of the car.

Glen Haug