Re: Gallery Car End Numbers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Gallery Car End Numbers
From: glenehaug@m...
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 04:46:34 -0000
I want to add to the information provided in message #8642 on gallery
car end numbers. While looking for information on the lettering of
the gallery cars, I ran across a copy of a photograph of the B (brake
wheel or non-control) end of #790. This end also shows the car
number in Zephyr Gothic letters on both junction boxes. The car is
at Aurora, and the scratches on the diaphragm plate show considerable
use, indicating a date much later than 1965. So this control car, at
least, had numbers on both sides of both ends.

Glen Haug