Re: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q Gallery Cars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q Gallery Cars
From: "muffie" <muffie@i...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:28:45 -0500
From: "David Ulibarri" <davidulibarri@g...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 6:39 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q Gallery Cars

> To Bryan Howell <tubaman21@y...>:
>
> I know of one such decal that could work for the letterboards above
> the doors. It is made by Microscale for HO passenger cars. The
> number is 87-752, which has a combination of heavyweight and
> streamline decals, from 1940 to 1970.

I don't have my Microscale catalogue handy, but I believe you'll find that
87-752 is for the so-called "ribbon" lettering - a gothic style with
constant-width letter elements. The suburban cars need the varying-width
"Zephyr" style gothic. I think you'll have better luck with set no. 87-98
(Burlington E Units). This will give you the BURLINGTON letterboard
(although it may have to be re-spaced) and the numbers.

Marshall Thayer