Re: [BRHSlist] Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars
From: Eric Mumper <eric_mumper@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:14:42 -0600
Sender: ericm
John,
I have used Polyscale Satin Finish over the plating on an Oriental E-5
and really liked the results. (Brand is unimportant, just that it is a
semi-flat.) Gloss is too shiny and flat just doesn't look right for
stainless.
I would like to add a quick digression in terms of paint. If a really
good gloss coat is desired, I would suggest Future Floor Wax. The
military and car modelers have been using this stuff for years and it
makes a great gloss finish and can actually make clear plastic parts
even better. Two issues ago in Fine Scale Modeler, they had a blurb
near the back about how to use it. It is essentially an acrylic so it
works just like the new water based paints.

Eric Mumper