Re: [BRHSlist] Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:11:28 EST
John,

Several people I know have used Scalecoat Aluminum for the underbody. I also
know people who have used Floquil Platinum Mist. I'm sure big Big John will
jump in with a suitable Badger color!

The clearcoat on the Shoreham cars is difficult. He uses a clear that
already has a flattener added. The cars are much less shiny than most plated
cars. You can put the decals on and overspray them with any clear coat, or
you can strip them, decal them, and re-coat with a clear of your choice (I
prefer the lacquer based clears). It really is a matter of taste.

Rich