Re: [BRHSlist] Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars
From: BNJohn@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:43:00 EST
In a message dated 2/14/01 8:12:39 PM Central Standard Time,
rgortowski@a... writes:

> John,
>
> Several people I know have used Scalecoat Aluminum for the underbody. I
> also
> know people who have used Floquil Platinum Mist. I'm sure big Big John
> will
> jump in with a suitable Badger color!
>
> The clearcoat on the Shoreham cars is difficult. He uses a clear that
> already has a flattener added. The cars are much less shiny than most
> plated
> cars. You can put the decals on and overspray them with any clear coat, or
> you can strip them, decal them, and re-coat with a clear of your choice (I
> prefer the lacquer based clears). It really is a matter of taste.
>
> Rich

Thanks Rich, as for Modelflex we only make SF Silver and I don't know how
close that will match the other cars. I would spray some on a piece of scrap
and then hold it up to the prepainted car and see how close it is.

John Lee
Badger Air Brush Co.
Modelflex Paint
St.Louis,MO.