Re: Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars
From: haug@i...
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 04:22:33 -0000
Concerning the questions related to finishing the Shoreham cars, I
have been having a problem during the decaling process. I have been
using solvaset on Microscale decals, and I notice that sometimes the
solvaset appears to be eating through the clear coat applied before
the decals, and causing a crystalline look to the clear coat. It is
not attacking the plating, because stripping the car gets rid of
crystal appearance.

I can usually cover up the unsightly appearance, but only if I use a
really flat finish coat.

I'm letting the paint dry for a good week or 10 days. Could the
solvaset be too strong? Should it be diluted, or should I use a
different decal setting solution? Or should I be putting more coats
of clear on before decaling (I usually put on three light coats)?

Glen Haug