Re: [BRHSlist] Suggestions for CB&Q structure paint colors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Suggestions for CB&Q structure paint colors
From: Rob Adams <aaeditor@n...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:32:35 -0600
Tom;

There is a lot of excellent information for paint on the BRHS Modelers
Depot site, but the information is somewhat sparse for structures, and
makes no mention about steel structures such as bridges, etc. The only
specific references to model paint colors are to Modelflex paints. I
certainly have nothing against the Badger paints, but they aren't
available to me at any of the nearby hobby shops. I suspect many
modelers may find themselves in a similar situation, so suggestions for
other options would definitely be a good addition to that web page.

I personally would find information about the color of structure
interiors and general painting practices for structures to be helpful.
For instance, during what period were the roofs painted green? Shingled
green. Did the green roof extend to other structures, such as
interlocking towers, wood water tanks, etc. In the absence of
photographic evidence, these "generalizations" are helpful in guiding
one's modeling efforts.

I posted the original message about the structure colors, and have
appreciated the suggestions posted by list members. Thanks for your
attention.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

Modeling sections of the B&W/B&NW circa 1934