Fog

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Fog
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:54:07 -0000
Reading about the fog, I was wondering whether anyone had experiened
any vertigo. I know when I was working on my instrument rating my
eyes told me one thing and my inner ear told me another. You learn
to trust your eyes.

I had gone to Galeburg for in interview at Knox College and returned
home on #10. We left about 6:30 AM and I rode the last dome. It was
extremely foggy. I could barely see the end of the next car but we
were moving at track speed of 79MPH. The only thing different was a
train order reading, "Fog reported between Galesburg and Aurora.
Sound whistle freely". This had to be during the Spring of 1961 and
if I remember correctly, Dave Lindburg was the Conductor that
morning. At one time he was also the Mayor of Galesburg. Anyone
remember that?

BRAD