Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Fan Trip Book/Northern 5632

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Fan Trip Book/Northern 5632
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:32:58 -0600
Hi Folks:

I have a copy of the "Steam on Q" book that I bought from Harold while on
one of the '60's excursions. I rode most of the Illini and Chicago RR Club
excursions on the Q and GTW from '60 to '63, except while I was running up
at Sandley's. I made the '60 Colorado trip behind the 5632 to Lincoln,
diesels to Denver, Rio Grande to Alamosa, and 480 Alamosa to Durango. Next
day we went to Farmington, next day to Silverton and then back. All week,
for the princely sum of $300.00, Upper #10 in Car 50 (the Chief Illini). I
wouldn't have missed it.

Mike Decker