Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Fan Trip Book/Northern 5632

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Fan Trip Book/Northern 5632
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:38:00 -0500
arnold299@a... wrote:

> Russ,
> I think these were locomotives that were used just between 1955 and 1960 for
> excursions.
> I can't remember if the book states that but that is what the author was
> implying.

That's correct. 6315 was crippled by its only Illini fan trip, losing
both eccentric rods & being pushed by 5632 . . . . no diesel
"protection" on that run.

All the listed engines were used on one or the other of the *very*
frequent Illini RRC steam fan trips of the late 50s. I was a happy
recipient of the thrills on all the trips that went west of Burlington,
since I lived 1 1/2 blocks from the tracks in Mt. Pleasant at the time .
. . .

Marshall