Re: [BRHSlist] New Building

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New Building
From: Russell Strodtz <vlbg@m...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:28:08 -0500
ufffam@a... wrote:

> Russ post the track plan in the files of this group then all can access it. I
> used to ride the commuter Naperville to Chicago--train watching along the
> line was fun.
>
> Bill Uffelman

Bill:

That has been done. Just below the turntable is a little symbol
with a line. That points to where the water crane was.

I think that the track that went into Hines originally was the
one at the top. By the time I got old enough to do any wandering
around that track was totally gone and there were only two team
tracks along the street. There was physical evidence that this
track had gone into the Hines yard from the East.

Yes there were four Main Tracks from Downers Grove to East Eola.
Look at the North side of the DuPage River bridge just West of
Naperville. Last time I looked the space for that track was
still there. There is also plenty of space under the EJ&E
bridge. This Main #1 was removed before WWII.

Russ