RE: [BRHSlist] Milwaukee 261at Oregon, IL

To: "'BRHSlist@egroups.com'" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Milwaukee 261at Oregon, IL
From: TOM KOCH <tom.koch@a...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 23:06:20 -0500
Return-receipt-to: TOM KOCH <tom.koch@a...>
Rich and others,

I drove down to Montgomery and spent an hour waiting for her to go through
on Sunday morning with 12 cars in tow. She did look great. We stood where
the Fox River Branch broke off and watched her go under the signal bridge
with a full tower of smoke following. Awesome is just not a word that fully
captures the view you get trackside.

Only one drawback were the idiots that felt it necessary to test their
resolve to stand on the main line until the Northern was less than 100 yards
away before giving way. I don't understand the importance of a smashed coin
over a life, I guess it takes a different mind set.

I only wish that those of you that don't live in the Chicago area could have
seen what a big 4-8-4 looks like going down the old Q main past the stock
yards. I guess if you have the ability to remember a Q Northern doing the
same, you are one step up on me.

If anybody is interested in seeing a shot or two after I get my film
developed, I will gladly send you a shot or two or post it to the files
site.

Tom