CUS and other transfers

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: CUS and other transfers
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 20:38:05 EDT
Russ,Yours on mail,etc transfers was one of few that I've printed out! Now as
to the 60 second deadline why did you allow so much time for such an easy
question? After the switch to Central Station the Soo used the IHB from "B12
to Broadview where it gained the IC" and headed east. P.S. Thank you Ed
Derouin and George Speir for your TRACKSIDE AROUND CHICAGO 1957-1965
otherwise I would have made some silly guess about the B&OCT.
Now for the serious stuff. You mentioned that all Milw frt houses between CUS
and Western Ave were switched by the PRR. Please expand on that as it is
totally new and very interesting. While your at it there is a good restaurant
in the "river North"area that has the name "ERIE" and has the same inscribed
above the door in cement as it is a former cold storage warehouse and had 2
rail sidings. Is the Erie connection for real? This is north of the CNW line
to Navy Pier and along the north branch of the river. Any ideas? Leo