Re: [BRHSlist] CUS and other transfers

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CUS and other transfers
From: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@f...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:19:10 -0500
Hi All,

I believe the Milwaukee did own some side tracks and the property under its
freight houses along the CUS/PRR track. In the late 1970s I did see a Milw
engine switching that area. I also know that PRR/Conrail also switched in
that general area. Maybe it was joint track. 20 years ago I could just
look up the track agreement records in the engineering office at Galewood.
Being a transplant from Milwaukee lines outside Chicago, I did not learn
all the intricacies of its tracks in the City.

I have also heard the Erie RR did get to the north side of Chicago via a
ferry slip on the south side and a car float up the Chicago River to the
freight house. I believe the cars were loaded on the car float at the
north side freight house.

Ted
Rails Unlimited - Ted Schnepf
Railroad Models, Decals, Books & Photo Sales
126 Will Scarlet; Elgin, Ill 60120
Voice 847-697-5353 or 5366 - railsunl@f...
Web site http://users.FoxValley.net/~railsunl/