Re: [CBQ] C & I Diagram

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C & I Diagram
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 09:25:59 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 10:09 AM, Richard Gortowski wrote:
We're looking at putting in signals for the Steward to Oregon layout (in 1950) that I'm building.
Rich and Group,

Thanks for posting the C&I Signal Diagram. One thing I found very interesting and wonder if it changed by the 60's. The diagram shows most of the signals on the single track portions as having three signal heads. I can't recall seeing photos of any three signal head signals along the C&I. I went to the CB&Q signal diagrams document I have, as well as the 1967 Consolidated Rules book, and it appears that the bottom (third) signal would give indication for restricting while the second down (center signal in a three signal setup) would define the diverging route aspect. Since there was only one signal between each of the signal controlled sidings did the Q use a three searchlight signal to add restricting or what is the diagram wrong in showing three light signals?

Second, it appears that a number of southbound signals show a small offset lunar(?) to the bottom right. The Consolidated Code book of 1967 doesn't show any signals with a lunar at the bottom right. What is this for? (An example of one of these southbound signals is shown below signal N110.7 just north of Stratford.)

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64802) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_