Re: [CBQ] Rapido Slumbercoach Update

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Rapido Slumbercoach Update
From: "Bill Schultz via groups.io" <jwschultz9=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:26:59 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Tom --

After the discontinuance of the last Black Hawk sleeper, Q (skirted DZ) Slumbercoaches ran sparingly in the BH in the off-season and between Chicago and Minneapolis while the Mainstreeter Chicago-Seattle Slumbercoach was (temporarily) abolished.  But overwhelmingly, the two CB&Q ex-NP/ex-NYC cars or any of the NP cars are what ran in the Black Hawk/Mainstreeter.

Last Black Hawk sleepers were Q (non-CZ) 10/6s, one car in each direction after March 1965.  DZ 10/6s were occasionally assigned in the off-season.

Bill Schultz