[CBQ] Rapido Slumbercoach Update

To: <CBQ@groups.io>, <BRHSlist@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Rapido Slumbercoach Update
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 15:37:20 -0400
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Hello all,

This is from the latest Rapido newsletter.  For  the CB&Q fans, they are offering two,

SKU: 141016  HO Budd Slumbercoach: CB&Q-NP: #335 Loch Arkaig
SKU:
141017 HO Budd Slumbercoach: CB&Q-NP: #336 Loch Awe
at an MSRP of $US 119.95

Maybe you, like me, missed the pre-order announcement.  If you’d like me to pre-order some of these for you, send an email to Dave@QConnection.biz.

Dave

Project Updates: HO Scale Slumbercoach

JASON: Hi everyone. It's Jason. The top dog. The big cheese.

I'm giving you an update on our new HO Scale Slumbercoach. We had the order deadline a couple of months ago and the orders were unbelievably terrible. I think we sold more "Jordan's lunch leftovers from last Tuesday" box sets than Slumbercoaches.

So we're not making them yet. Instead, we realized that we have to do a little more marketing of these models in order for them to sell. Sometimes models sell themselves, but clearly that is not the case with this Budd-Built Beauty.

The level of detail in our interior is unmatched, and even though this sample is not yet painted you can see how gorgeous it is. Production model interiors will be fully painted.

One thing we heard from a couple of people is "I already have one." If we listened to that excuse, most of today's model train manufacturers might as well close up shop. Yes, almost everything has been done before. But you can't compare an inexpensive model made 20 years ago with today's state-of-the-art model trains.

Or can you? OK, I will. Here are some comparisons between our Slumbercoach and the Slumbercoach model some people "already have."

Here's Our Slumbercoach interior, in a pre-production model, without any paint. The production model will be in FULL COLOR!

And here's the interior of The Slumbercoach They Already Have. This is a production model. As in, they left the factory that way.

Here's Our Slumbercoach underbody detail. The stuff underneath a passenger car is very important to me. Just like you would expect a high-end model of a Jaguar E-Type V12 to have a beautifully-detailed SOHC V-12 engine under the bonnet, a model of a passenger car needs all the hardware modeled correctly. Without all that "stuff," a passenger car would just be a go kart on rails. Representing it is important.

And here's The Slumbercoach They Already Have underbody detail. It has some blobs. And a screw. At least it's shiny.

Here's Our Slumbercoach truck detail. This 41-NDO-11 truck is the nicest outside-swing hanger truck we've ever made. It even has the disc brake rotors. Sure, you can't see them when the car is on the track, but it doesn't cost much to include them. So we did.

And here's The Slumbercoach They Already Have truck detail. There really are a lot of screws there.

There is a place for entry-level models. We're not trying to compete with them. We've sold thousands of museum-quality Amtrak Horizon coaches when there is an entry-level model available for less than half the price.

What I'm trying to say is, comparing a 20-year-old blobby Slumbercoach with ours is like comparing apples and rib steaks. Please talk to your buddies who model passenger trains and encourage them to replace their aging Slumbercoach toys with our super-duper, state-of-the-art beauties. Did I mention ours come with LED lighting already installed?

Please ask your dealer for the Rapido Slumbercoach or click on the link to order yours direct. I'll leave you with our latest Slumbercoach magazine ad. You can click on it to download the PDF. Customers of a certain age will recognize the theme...

Now I'll hand this over to Bill, who has new samples of our Northeastern cabooses for Show and Tell!

Avast logo

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63967) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_