Re: [CBQ] Allied trucks in freight service

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Allied trucks in freight service
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 13:18:38 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The definitive date that a part or type of car was banned in interchange would be found in the AAR Field Manual of Interchange Rules was issued annually with all interchange rules and updates. My memory is that rules 95 or 99 was the one that specified equipment outlawing.

A typical passage would be similar to the following.
As of 1/1/1959 Allied Full Cushion trucks are banned from interchange. The ruling would also state the AAR designated part number,etc.

The discussion about the early PRR banning would have been issued through the AAR in what were called maintenance advisories and/or early warning letters. These pieces of paper would have been sent to each AAR subscriber. The commonly used word was an embargo.

This from someone who spent part of each working day for 16 years “discussing” the Field Manual rules with repair shops, railroads,AAR and FRA inspectors.

Leo Phillipp