Re: [CBQ] Hot Springs, SD Water Tank

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hot Springs, SD Water Tank
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 10:24:20 -0800
That's probably what the Q did James...

There was a water tank at Minnekahta, they could have made sure they had enough water both times they were there.  The pictures of the mixed trains in Hot Springs show a ten-wheeler pulling them.  I wonder if that was the regular power for the High Line train, or if it just came out of Edgemont that way.

I know that when I hired out in '77, the High Line would cut off one motor and bring the Hot Springs cars over from Minnekahta.  I saw them in Town a couple times, delivering coal to the VA, and oil to the bulk plant.  I have a picture of Q switcher #9143, in Hot Springs in 1950.  I wonder if that came off the High Line train...possibly on its' way to Deadwood as their switch engine.

Mike

View/Reply Online (#62970) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic