Re: [CBQ] Hot Springs, SD Water Tank

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hot Springs, SD Water Tank
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 10:12:56 -0800
Yes, Ken...

I've sent a note to Rick Mills up there.  Since I have no indication that there was a tank in the North-Western Yard, I suspect that they watered at either the Elm Creek tank or at Buffalo Gap proper.  The 4-4-0 assigned to Hot Springs would have been making two Passenger trips and probably one or two freight trips a day out to the mainline.  That would give them plenty of opportunities to 'top up' the tender every day.  There was also a tank car parked alongside the Engine House, which may have carried water too.

Mike

View/Reply Online (#62969) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic