Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr speed limits and LaCrosse street running

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Twin City Zephyr speed limits and LaCrosse street running
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 17:58:46 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
In the matter of speed on the Aurora-Savannah division there are 2 stories running around in my memory, but the one I can't get the details come up is the better one, but I can do the "lesser one'  Here ''tis

ONE TIME  (that's the way my grandfather started all of his stories   a section foreman was doing some work on  piece of track long that line and some engineer failed to get his speed down to what the slow order called for.   Said Section Foreman called the Superintendent in his office to complain about said engineer.

Said Supt's reply

" Well you better get it done today 'cause he'll be "comin back tonight"....

Pete....The other story has as it's basis in the mater of speed up there, but I just can't get the details in order.  It may "pop up" in my dreams tonite