Re: [CBQ] Q Connection Sale

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q Connection Sale
From: "Fred Crissey" <fhc925@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 18:33:07 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Tom:
The only other move I can think of is some iron ore (in regular hopper cars) moved out of the Ostrander, MN area to the St. Louis area via CGW-CBQ.  This was not a high quality ore and the moves were irregular at best.  I do not where the junction was (Dubuque or Galena Jct.).  These could have lasted until the CGW/CNW merger and then it would have moved CNW direct.  The mines closed finally in about 1970.
Fred