Re: [CBQ] Greybacks

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Greybacks
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 10:55:11 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 01:12 PM, Tom Mack wrote:

I have Genesis F3A 164-C (SKU G2703A) and F3B 164-B (SKU G2703B). They came as a boxed set. These locomotives are beautiful, and I personally like the Genesis rendition of the greyback color better than the paint color on the P2K F7A-B-A set I have. My only issue with the Genesis A-Unit is that it does not have the letter suffix in the number boards or painted on the side of the unit, and it has the reflectorized number plate under the headlight. This was basically the as-delivered scheme, but I model the late 1960’s. By that time the letter suffixes had been added and the reflectorized number plate on the nose had been replaced by a painted on number. The P2K units are the later lettering I need, so I bought them and shelved the hardly run Genesis units. The Genesis units were just too nice to try to re-letter.

I probably should have mentioned in my original post that since these are shelved, I have no need for them. If anyone is interested in them, please contact me at thommack@yahoo.com. I'd take $160 for the pair (just $80 each) and really don't want to split them up.

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61478) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_