[CBQ] Buda: Useful Research Sites

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Buda: Useful Research Sites
From: "Rick Woods" <rwoods613@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 05:52:17 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Useful sites I use for my research into maps and structures:

First is the web address to the ILHAP 1940 aerial photos website:  http://maps.isgs.illinois.edu/ilhap/
Zoom and pan to the area you want to explore.  See all the little red dots?  Those are individual photos.  To select a photo, click the Select tab and then click the Select Photo Centers button.  Then you can use your cursor arrow to highlight the photo or photos you want to view.  Just follow the instructions and enjoy.  You can download and save the images.

Here is the web address to the USGS Historical Topo maps website: http://historicalmaps.arcgis.com/usgs/
This site is really cool in that you can overlap historical maps over the current map and adjust the transparency to see both old and current at the same time.

Finally here is the Oswego, IL library website where one can get free access to the IL Sanborn maps database.  Here is the address:  https://www.oswego.lib.il.us/learning-research/online-resources/
Scroll down quite a ways to the Illinois Digital Sanborn maps link.  Note the username (oswego) and password (welcome) are shown on the webpage.  Only Illinois maps are available.  In the case of Buda, there are map series from 1894, 1901 and 1928.

--
Rick Woods
Elkhorn, WI

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61292) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_