Re: [CBQ] Buda Question

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Buda Question
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@fastmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 19:25:55 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Bob,

I am looking at the Buda Sanborn maps from April 1928 (the filename on the ProQuest Digital Sanborn site says is is updated at a date later than this, but I can find no annotation that it was). It is a collection of 4 maps.

On the Index page, the following "Specials" are listed:

Andrew's Feed Mill

S.C. Bartlett Grain Elevator

A.G. Fisher General Repairing

Lincoln Oil Refining Co.

F.G. Lindner & Co. Grain Elevator, Lumber and Coal

W.E. Studley Brick Yard

Population is listed as 1,000.

I should also note that ProQuest Digital Sanborn Maps used to allow you to download maps as Adobe PDFs.  Now they only can be downloaded as a Image file (with no choice of resolution or file type - they are now just .png files).

Bill Hirt