Re: [CBQ] What's for lunch?

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] What's for lunch?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 10:13:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Pete and All-

Now you went and did it!!!    I haven’t thought about Ox Tail Soup for decades…..what memories it brings back!

My mom (rest her soul!!!) was not the greatest cook….few things from her table I recall fondly (she, like many of her generation, would take a thin pork shop and pan fry it to an inch of its life…and when my dad was not having dinner with us she would do the same to lamb chops….he had enough mutton in Australia during his service in WWII to abhor anything that once had wool on it!!).  I was in my 40s before I learned to enjoy properly prepared lamb…

But I do remember enjoying her Ox Tail Soup….and sucking the marrow out of the bones.   Of course today, our kids and grandkids will turn their nose up at OUR ethnic recipes but go out of their way to try “trendy” dishes from “other cultures”.

Thanks,

Charlie Vlk

(who would kill for a Koprova (marinated beef with dill gravy) or Svickova (marinated beef similar to Sauerbraten…..or even a decent Philadelphia Reading Market Pastrami).   Nashville is a “foody” town but only for the trendy crowd.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60599) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_