[CBQ] Iron Horse 400

To: "CBQ groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Iron Horse 400
From: "Bryan Howell via groups.io" <tubaman21=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 07:35:11 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
All,

Yesterday's photo of the day on the BRHS website is of the Iron Horse 400. I'm trying to find out more about the trip so I can update the caption, but I keep coming up with conflicting information. Does anyone know the routing of this trip? It appears that it departed Chicago on the CNW behind diesel power (CNW?) then went down the Aurora Branch at West Chicago to Aurora, where the 4960 replace the diesels. Pat Dorin states the trip returned to Chicago from here, which can't be correct as there are photos along the Mendota-Denrock line and this photo in Sterling. This seems like a pretty interesting trip, but information seems rather sparse.

Thanks!

Bryan J. Howell
Superior, WI
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60390) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_