Re: [CBQ] Iron Horse 400

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Iron Horse 400
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 12:22:50 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bryan,

I thought I might have the flyer from that trip, but if I do have it, I can’t locate it. I did not ride this trip, but chased it in the central Illinois area. Attached are three more photos from the trip. The first and third photo locations are unidentified, but the second one has been identified as Walnut, IL. The photo that you referenced from the BRHS photo file is not Sterling, IL, but rather, Tampico, IL per Bob Campbell who has worked that line.. With those locations, 4960 took the train from Aurora to Mendota and then up the branch to Denrock via Walnut and Tampico. My recollection is that the train went on to Sterling, but I don’t know where it went from there. However, per the following correspondence from late 2018, the train was turned back over to the C&NW at Agnew, IL and then returned to Chicago via Sterling.

This subject has been by several of us in the past. Her is correspondence from Don at milwaukee261@gmail.com and Bob Campbell.