Re: [CBQ] THE OLD ALCO S2 SWITCHEN OUT STONE AVE REA.

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] THE OLD ALCO S2 SWITCHEN OUT STONE AVE REA.
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:36:12 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Nice photo !

Based on my experience and research this looks like the East End Wayfreight. The two open hoppers are most likely empties from the Redi-mix plant at Clarendon Hills. They moved between the Sheridan,IL gravel pits to numerous redi- mix plants around Northern Illinois. Then back into coal service in the cold months. Sure looks like a cement Service covered hopper from the La Salle area that may have come out of that same redi-mix plant or the one at Naperville.

Once the job finishes at Stone Ave, next stop Is Congress Park Yard where they would run around the train. Then proceed westward working their way back to Eola, their origin point.

Leo Phillipp