Re: [CBQ] New Walthers HO Scale Jordan Spreader

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Walthers HO Scale Jordan Spreader
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 20:21:19 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Teds comments reminded me of another experience on a Jordan equipped with the high snow plow. In Jan 1979 our BN crew D.H. From our Aurora base to Mendota where we relieved crew that had been plowing the Denrock branch for 12 hours. The Asst Supt had been aboard with them the entire time. He joined us for the next 12 hours while we made two round trips Mendota-Denrock . We were then relieved by a third crew with whom the Asst Supt stayed.

For those of you who knew him,Joe Arrington was chain smoking those little cigarillos the whole time. In many spots the drifts were at or above window level on the SD.The reason for keeping the branch open was its’ ability to be a backup if things came undone on the C&I. One year later while in the Chicago regional office I learned the branch was under study for a abandonment.

Leo Phillipp